Daniel Boone Area School District
Daniel Boone Area School District Information
- Website: www.dboone.org
- District Offices Phone: (610) 582-6140
- Transportation Offices Phone: (610) 689-4850
Getting Here from the Douglassville area
- Follow Route 422 East to the Armand Hammer Blvd exit.
- Follow Armand Hammer Blvd to the intersection at High Street (Pottstown Memorial Medical Center on corner).
- Go across High Street and proceed on Wilson Street up the hill, bearing left and continue two blocks to Rosedale Drive.
- The school is on the corner of Wilson Street and Rosedale Drive on your right.
Daniel Boone Fun Fact
Daniel Boone was much more than the man who settled Kentucky, but his settlement and continued opening of the frontier is considered his greatest achievement. His pioneering efforts and explorer-spirit made him a legend in his own time. Boone served in the Virginia Legislature, the French and Indian War, and the American Revolution. He was the father of ten children, a blacksmith and wagoneer, and operated a tavern. The Daniel Boone Homestead (DBH) is a historical site in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania that tells the story of Daniel Boone’s youth in Pennsylvania’s Oley Valley and illuminates the daily lives of the region’s 18th-century settlers through the eyes of the Boone, Maugridge and DeTurk families who occupied the site.