Thank you for your interest in The Wyndcroft School. The faculty and staff serve over 200 students in Pre-School through 8th Grade.
“A Classic Education for the Modern World”
The Wyndcroft School provides a dynamic and foundational education developing the whole child. In a supportive community the school fosters creativity, a love of learning, integrity, determination, and respect for others. Students become self-advocating learners and leaders in an ever-evolving world.
The Wyndcroft School has the following position(s) available.
The Wyndcroft School seeks a strong leader for the middle school math department.
Middle School Mathematics Teacher
The Wyndcroft School middle school includes students in grades 5-8. We have two sections of each grade and are departmentalized with specialists in English, mathematics, foreign languages, science, and social studies. Music, art, and athletics are integral components to the educational program of our middle school students. A strong community of academic excellence with individual attention is exemplified by the collaborative efforts of committed faculty and parents.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Proficiency and experience in middle school or high school mathematics
- Up-to-date knowledge of teaching strategies and skills in mathematics at the middle school level including experience in differentiation of instruction for varied abilities
- Ability to use technology as an instructional and communication tool
- A thorough understanding of child development for the emerging adolescent
- Excellent classroom management skills, and a discipline philosophy compatible with that of the Wyndcroft School
- Excellent communication skills with adults and children
- An understanding of the importance of the parent/teacher relationship
- A sincere enthusiasm for teaching in an Independent School
- As a Wyndcroft faculty member the middle school math teacher may be asked to take on extra duties, designated by the Head, involving additional teaching, advising, supervision, coaching, and the development of curriculum.
- The ability to coach field hockey, basketball, or lacrosse at the middle school level is preferred.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Gail Wolter, Head of School at email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed immediately with first round interviews scheduled in late March and early April.
Available on an as needed basis, this employee is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans and duties of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
a. Following the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting
b. Meeting and instructing assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
c. Establishing and maintaining order in the classroom.
d. Maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
e. Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
f. Assisting in upholding and enforcing school rules, and administrative guidelines.
2. Public Relations:
a. Cooperating with school personnel.
b. Establishing and maintaining cooperative relations with all members of the school community.
a. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School or designee at the beginning and end of the school day.
4. Other responsibilities as directed by the Head of School.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Completion of school orientation.
3. PA Clearances: Criminal Background Check; Child Abuse History; FBI Fingerprinting
1. Teaching Certification
2. Experience working with students.
All interested candidates for future positions should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Mrs. Gail L. Wolter, Head of School
The Wyndcroft School
1395 Wilson Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
Wyndcroft does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.