Thank you for your interest in The Wyndcroft School. The faculty and staff serve over 200 students in Pre-School through 8th Grade, following the school's mission:
...to offer a rigorous academic program enabling the child to establish a firm foundation for a happy and successful future with confidence to succeed in an ever-changing world. The curriculum is traditional and designed to develop the whole child. It emphasizes fundamental skill instruction, character development, and the pursuit of excellence in English, history, mathematics, science, foreign languages and the arts.In a small class setting, the school endeavors to provide a safe, nurturing environment fostering creativity, a love of learning, personal integrity, determination and respect for others.
The Wyndcroft School has the following position(s) available.
The Wyndcroft School seeks to hire a dynamic elementary educator who will plan and deliver a multi-sensory and student-centered classroom for the modern day.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as an independent school
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about teaching and working with children
- Be well-versed in current thinking and best practices of teaching and learning
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience teaching in a school
- Value collegiality and be a team player
- Understand and value the importance of communicating consistently and well with parents
- Contribute to the extracurricular life of the school
A self-contained classroom teacher at Wyndcroft is responsible for instruction of students in the area of language arts, mathematics, and social studies. The teacher is expected to create an excellent climate for learning within the classroom setting working with other teachers as a team member to ensure consistency in all areas by level and/or subject. Classroom teachers coordinate with special area teachers to ensure the student experience is a well-balanced and sound curricular program.
All teachers have extra duties and responsibilities as designated by the Head, involving the supervision of students before and after school and at lunch, as well as the tutoring of individual students. All Wyndcroft faculty members are expected to serve on committees as required for policy and curriculum development in the school and for the promotion of the mission of the school. Wyndcroft faculty members are asked, at times, to support the school at evening and weekend events and during the summer.
K-8 Cybrarian: Qualifications, Duties, Responsibilities
The Wyndcroft School seeks an elementary cybrarian, effective September 2018. Library Science degree preferred; B.A. or B.S. required.
This position requires familiarity with all aspects of library and information sciences, including lessons on citing research and library organization as appropriate for students in pre-K through 8th grade. Responsibilities include running the yearly book fair with volunteers. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of and skills with tools to organize and customize information to meet student learning needs
- Expertise with children’s literature and strategies to support emerging, developing and proficient readers
- Ability to collaborate with classroom teachers to design and implement lessons that meet the diverse needs of students through the use of multiple resources
- Familiarity with the legal and ethical issues in the use of information in all its formats
Music Teacher: Qualifications, Duties and Responsibilities
The Wyndcroft School seeks a dynamic teacher of Music for grades K-8. A bachelor’s degree in music education with an emphasis on general/choral music is required; instrumental experience preferred. Classroom experience is required. The music teacher along with a drama teacher directs four grade level plays as well a holiday concert and a middle school musical. General classroom instruction includes development of basic music skills and appreciation of music.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A teaching philosophy compatible with that of the Wyndcroft School
- A thorough understanding of child development
- Excellent classroom management skills, and a discipline philosophy compatible with that of the Wyndcroft School
- Excellent communication skills with adults and children
- An understanding of the importance of the parent/teacher relationship
- A sincere enthusiasm for teaching in an independent school
Available on an as needed basis, this employee is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans and duties of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
a. Following the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting
b. Meeting and instructing assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
c. Establishing and maintaining order in the classroom.
d. Maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
e. Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
f. Assisting in upholding and enforcing school rules, and administrative guidelines.
2. Public Relations:
a. Cooperating with school personnel.
b. Establishing and maintaining cooperative relations with all members of the school community.
a. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School or designee at the beginning and end of the school day.
4. Other responsibilities as directed by the Head of School.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Completion of school orientation.
3. PA Clearances: Criminal Background Check; Child Abuse History; FBI Fingerprinting
1. Teaching Certification
2. Experience working with students.
All interested candidates for future positions should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Mrs. Gail L. Wolter, Head of School
The Wyndcroft School
1395 Wilson Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
Wyndcroft does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.