Wyndcroft students took home 16 awards at this year's MCSRC, held at the Floy Lewis Field House of Ursinus College. The first, second, and third place winners from each category in Divisions A-D and the first and second place winners in each category in Division E are being sent on to the Delaware Valley Science Fairs. In addition to category competition, the DVSF Fair offers lots of opportunities for receiving special awards from a variety of different organizations and companies.
The MCSRC requires a tri-fold display board, log book and research report, similar to those used in the DVSF and ISEF science fairs. Unlike the PJAS competition, students are competing against the other students in their category. On the actual competition day, the category judges usually come by the projects in pairs of two. Students are expected to give a brief explanation of their projects and then answer any questions the judges have.
Special judges are also roaming around the gym during competition day, looking for projects similar to the organization or company they represent. Students should give the special judges a summary of their project and answer any of their questions. Oftentimes, special judges will inquire about a student's interest in that particular category and their school life as well.
Wyndcroft's winners were:
- Special Category Award for Behavioral and Social Science
- 1st Place PJAS Region 1B Biology Category - Advances to PJAS State Competition in May
- 2nd Place MCSRC Computer Category - Advances to Delaware Valley Science Fair in April
- Brendan Boyle Congressional Award Winner
- 2nd Place MCSRC Environmental Category - Advances to Delaware Valley Science Fair in April
- Special Category Award for Environmental Science
- Association of Women Geoscientists Award
- Rotary Club World Health Award
- 2nd Place MCSRC Medicine and Health Category - Advances to Delaware Valley Science Fair in April
- Pennsylvania Society for Biomedical Research Award
- 1st Place PJAS Region 1B Microbiology Category - Advances to PJAS State Competition in May
- 1st Place MCSRC Microbiology Category - Advances to Delaware Valley Science Fair in April
- Special Category Award for Microbiology
- Society for Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology Award
- Norristown Garden Club Award
- 1st Place PJAS Region 1B Ecology Category - Advances to PJAS State Competition in May