Portrait of a Graduate
Wyndcroft graduates succeed in high school and beyond!
The first day when your preschool child climbs out of their car seat and makes their way into Wyndcroft, it is difficult to imagine who they will be 10 years later when they arrive at school for the last time as a graduating eighth grader.
For our faculty it is a little different. In keeping with the Wyndcroft mission, we know the qualities we want all our students to have upon graduation.
Wyndcroft's Mission Statement
The Wyndcroft School provides a dynamic and foundational education developing the whole child. In a supportive community, the school fosters creativity, integrity, determination, love of learning, and respect for others. Our students become confident self-advocating learners and leaders.
By the time students graduate from Wyndcroft, they are:
- A Wyndcroft graduate brings optimism, confidence and discipline to solving problems thought he use of critical thinking skills.
- Uses time and other resources wisely to set goals, complete tasks, and manage projects.
- Shows strong understanding and belief of self to engage in reflection for individual improvement and advocacy.
- A Wyndcroft graduate embraces bringing diverse groups together to reach a common goal.
- Respects divergent thinking to engage others in thoughtful discussion.
- Seeks and uses feedback from other to adapt ideas and persist in accomplishing difficult tasks.
- A Wyndcroft graduate is a confident public speaker.
- Incorporates effective writing skills for various purposes and audiences to convey understanding and concepts.
- Uses technological skills and contemporary digital tools to explore and exchange ideas.
- Acknowledges and understands diverse perspectives and cultures.
- Demonstrates empathy, compassion, and respect for others.
- Acts responsibly and ethically to build trust and lead.
- Communicates effectively in multiple languages to make meaningful connections.
Wyndcroft is proud to introduce you to just a few of our truly amazing Alumni!
Wyndcroft Class of 1985
Founder, Runway of Dreams
In 2014 Mindy Scheier - a fashion designer and mother of a child with a disability, founded Runway of Dreams Foundation (RODF). After spending 20 years in the fashion industry and opening a design school for kids, Mindy decided to combine her experience and her passion to address this unmet need by founding the Runway of Dreams Foundation.
Wyndcroft Class of 2018
MIT Aerospace Engineering
As a sophomore at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, “Herbie” worked with a group of MIT researchers to find ways to reduce drag on satellites due to the Earth’s thermosphere. He is the lead author on their paper entitled “Machine Learning Algorithms for Improved Thermospheric Density Modeling” that was accepted for presentation at the Dynamic Data Driven Applications (DDAS) 2020 Conference in October 2020 in Boston, MA
Wyndcroft Class of 2012
First female SGA President at The Hill School
Olivia made history at The Hill School. A former Wyndcroft Student Council member, Zitkus was elected as the President of the Student Governance Association (SGA) at The Hill School. This is the first time in the history of the school that a female has been elected to the position. The Hill School was a boys school until 1998 when the school became co-ed.
Wyndcroft Class of 2010
Drafted BY Major League Soccer
Forrest, playing collegiately at Lehigh from 2015-18, was twice named Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year (2017 and 2018). In addition, the Douglassville, Pennsylvania native earned First-Team All-Atlantic Region honors as a senior, in addition to United Soccer Coaches Third Team All-America honors as a junior. Over the course of his career at Lehigh, Forrest racked up 73 games played (66 starts), 41 goals and 21 assists. The striker notched his most single-season goals (15), assists (eight) and points (38) during his junior campaign. Upon his graduation, Forrest was drafted into Major League Soccer by the Chicago Fire.
Meet the Graduates
It is the custom of The Wyndcroft School that at our Graduation Ceremony, there is no keynote speaker. Instead, all the available time for speakers is given to our graduates. Here is what a few of our recent graduates had to say.
Wyndcroft graduates have the self-confidence and self-knowledge to excel academically and personally in their chosen secondary schools and beyond.