Pre-Kindergarten (4 years old) Program
Learn Why The Wyndcroft School is known as one of the best preschools in Montgomery County, PA.
Pre-kindergartners explore basic mathematics as they practice recognizing numerals, writing numerals, counting sets of objects, completing patterns, and even adding.
Play is a critical part of our prekindergarten program. Students enjoy cooking, finger painting, and taking part in classroom projects. As enrichment to the program, pre-kindergartners take part in a full complement of special courses. They have music, art, science, computer, library, physical education, drama, and French.
What's Special About Pre-K at Wyndcroft
- French language classes
- On-Stage class presentation at Thanksgiving
- Flexible full-day or half-day scheduling options
Our pre-kindergartners enjoy a year of fun activities and school readiness in an enriching, academic environment, which is why our quality programs allow us to be a top contender alongside other preschools near Reading, PA, Collegeville, PA, and Phoenxville, PA.
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Library and Study Skills
- Creative Movement
- Extended Day Program
- Teacher-led story time continues the development of listening, comprehension, and oral skills
- Writing develops with the review of capital letters and the introduction of lower-case letters and alphabetical sequence
- Modified version of Kid Writing teaches phonics in the context of writing
- Initial sounds and sight words prepare students for reading readiness
- Learning centers and the use of manipulatives strengthen the understanding of letters and build phonemic awareness
- Opposites and rhyming words are introduced
- Development for feeling of steady beat and rhythmical movement
- Differentiation between fast-slow, loud-soft, strong-weak, short-long, same-different, high-low
- Melodic contours and tones through echo singing
- Use of rhythm instruments to accompany songs
- Students participate in annual Thanksgiving chapel
As with our Early Childhood program, parents have the option of having their children take part in the Extended Day Program. This program, offering extended hours or a full day of activity, is led by the prekindergarten teachers. Enrollment in Extended Day is open daily, and parents can choose to attend on a daily basis, or may choose to attend on a more flexible schedule. This type of flexibility is unique to The Wyndcroft School, and it really separates us from even the best preschools in Berks, County, Pa!