The Upper School at Wyndcroft
For Middle School Age Students
Grades 5-8 are leaders on campus
Challenging academics in the Upper School at Wyndcroft, in concert with community service, athletics, visual and performing arts, extra curricular activities, and social events, provide excellent preparation for students to enter the secondary school of their choice.
Continued emphasis on leadership skills and character development, with guidance from teachers and advisers, is a hallmark of the Upper School experience and the reason Wyndcroft stands out among middle schools in Berks County and the nearby, Pottstown Middle School.
Upper School Milestones
- Begin the study of the Latin language
- Participates in school and regional Science Fairs
- Design and edit the school yearbook
- Act as "buddies" to Early Learning students
- Run for Student Council
- Produce a full musical production
- Sing in the chorus
Learn more about Wyndcroft's Upper School Program
See why Wyndcroft stands out among middle schools in preparing students for high school and beyond.
Beginning in fifth grade, students:
- take both French and Latin as core academic courses
- focus on developing good study skills
- receive instruction on organization, interpretation, retention, test taking, studying, and listening.
By the time they complete eighth grade, students have demonstrated their maturity and readiness for high school, including reading and debating Romeo and Juliet in both Language Arts and Music, mastering algebraic equations, and reflecting on the causes and consequences of the Civil War.
Wyndcroft makes it less of a challenge to find a superior middle school. Pottstown is the home of our private upper school which serves students in fifth grade through eighth grade. The positive reputation we hold in academics and life skills is the reason Pottstown, Reading, and Collegeville, PA families favor our middle school!