Your donation keeps Wyndcroft strong!
There is no better way to make an immediate impact on The Wyndcroft School than to make a gift to The Annual Fund. Your gifts enable the School to meet expenses not covered by tuition and endowment income, and benefit the students and faculty every day. Through Annual Giving, we continually invest in resources and programs that provide current students with a rich educational experience and the opportunities to reach their personal best.
Each year, we ask all members of the Wyndcroft Community—parents, faculty, alumni, past parents, grandparents, businesses and other friends—to pledge their support to the Annual Fund. With each gift, we can assure classes remain at a size conducive to dynamic interaction between students and faculty, a quality valued by those who select Wyndcroft. The Annual Fund helps provide the tools and facilities that maximize the learning environment, allowing students to grow in the classroom and through the arts, sports and community service.
Over the years, successful Annual Funds have allowed us to:
- Implement technology improvements including the installation of SMARTBoards, IPads for students and a new phone system.
- Upgrade technology systems including installation of wireless access points throughout the building.
- Construct playground areas for the Early Childhood and Pre-Kindergarten programs, and another for Kindergarten to 8th grade students.
- Complete the installation of air-conditioning in all the classrooms in the school.
- Install a new camera security system with all doors under electronic surveillance and card access only.
- Offer continuing education opportunities for our faculty and staff.
- Supplement our athletic program with additional seasonal sports offerings.
- Add Orff instruments to the music department.
- Upgrade the auditorium sound system.
Your fully tax-deductible contribution may be made anytime between July 1st and June 30th and will go right to work supporting Wyndcroft’s mission.
For more information about the Annual Fund, contact Robert W. Evans `65, Director of Development, or call (610) 326-0544.
|$15,000 and Above|
|$10,000 to $14,000|
|$5,000 to $9,999|
|$2,500 to $4,999|
|$1,000 to $2,499|
|$500 to $999|
|$300 to $499|
|Up to $299|
- My family is already paying tuition. How does a donation to the annual fund benefit my child?
- Why should I give? Wyndcroft has beautiful grounds and lovely buildings. It does not look like it needs money.
- Why doesn't tuition cover all expenses?
- If I can only make a small gift, does it really make an impact?
- Why is participation so important?
- How much should I give?
- What is the best time to give?
- May I spread my payments out over time or do I have to pay it all at once?
- What is a matching gift?
- What is the difference between annual giving and capital and/or endowed giving?
The bottom line is this: your gift supports the people and the programs that make Wyndcroft so special. This means the talented teachers, small classes, and exceptional offerings in everything from academics to the arts and athletics. When your child is in school, all this translates to more personal attention and increased intellectual stimulation. Tuition only covers about 90% of the school’s operating budget, and the Annual Fund bridges that gap.
It’s easy to overestimate how affluent schools are. Because Wyndcroft charges thousands of dollars for tuition and enjoys attractive facilities, you might assume the school is rich and the financial needs are minimal. But, for our school (and the vast majority of independent schools) tuition covers approximately 90% of the full cost of educating each child. The annual fund makes up the difference between what tuition covers and the actual cost of operating the school. It acts like a checking account, helping the school to accomplish its daily work. It helps with all expenses from teachers’ salaries to equipment and supplies for the classroom. That is why your gift to the Annual Fund is so critical.
Yes! Like other independent schools of its type, Wyndcroft has fewer supporters than a university or large charity. Because the number who can give is small and the need large, every gift counts. Regardless of the size of the gift, it is an expression of your support and belief in our school. Participation matters!
High participation is a vote of confidence, a sign that parents support the school’s mission. We strive for 100% participation. The high percentage is convincing when we seek gifts from outside sources such as grants, as most foundations consider parent participation before agreeing to donate funds to a school.
What to give is a highly personal decision. Please give thoughtful consideration to how The Wyndcroft School has impacted your child's preparation to meet the challenges of today’s world and consider making the Annual Fund one of your top charitable priorities. You can spread your gift out over several installments, use a credit card or give appreciated securities. And don't forget that many companies offer a matching gift program which can double, or even triple, your gift to Wyndcroft.
We encourage individuals and families to pledge and make gifts early in the school year (between September and December). Early donations translate into lower administrative and communications costs per dollar raised. You may, however, give at any time during the Annual Fund period, which runs from July 1st through June 30th each year.
Many companies offer matching gift programs to employees and their families, allowing individual gifts to be doubled, and sometimes tripled. Matching gift forms are available through participating companies' human resource offices, and should be sent to:
The Wyndcroft School
Attn: Robert Evans
1395 Wilson Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
All matching gifts are credited directly to you.